Luckily, Triaminic is finding ways to help. With their National Cold and Flu Tracker, where you can find out exactly where the flu is hitting the hardest, to their wonderful tips for fending off the flu. Not only that, but they also offer Sick Day Guidelines, Cold & Cough Guide, and an Allergy Guide.
Here are a few quick tips to help you prepare for the Cold & Flu Season:
1. Stock your medicine cabinet to prepare for when cold and flu symptoms appear.Moms can trust Triaminic to help care for their children. They go out of their way to provide safe, effective relief of cold and flu symptoms. With their thin strips, we can ensure that our children are getting exactly the dose they need.
2. Remind kids to avoid sharing food, drinks, and utensils.
3. Have your kids wash their hands with soap and water often.
Here's more information about Triaminic that you should read from their Why Trust Triaminic? Page:
At Triaminic, we care about your child's safety more than anything.Be sure to read the rest of the page for important dosage guides, ingredients lists, and tons of information.
That's why we wanted to provide you with the latest information on over-the-counter children's cough and cold products. The makers of these medicines are voluntarily changing the product labeling to read "Do not use for children under age 4". For products containing antihistamines, labeling will include the instructions "do not use for the purpose of making your child sleepy." These labeling changes are being made in consultation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and out of an abundance of caution to help avoid unintentional consumer misuse of these products.
Triaminic® products are safe and effective when used as directed and have been used to relieve children's cough and cold symptoms for more than 50 years. We care about your children's safety and want to assure you that you can continue to use Triaminic® products as directed for your children age 4 and older.
Our focus is on re-labeling our Triaminic® products to clearly reflect the new directions to help guide parents and caregivers on the safe and appropriate use of these products. In the meantime, it's possible that some products on store shelves may still have dosing information for children under 4. During this transition period, please follow these dosing instructions:
Children under 4 years Do not use Children 4 - under 12 years Follow dosing instructions on package
Contact the poison control or medical center if you suspect your child has overdosed or taken medicine on his own.
If you have general questions about Triaminic® products, contact the Triaminic Clinic at 1-800-KIDS-987.
Want to Try Triaminic for Yourself?
To Buy: You can purchase Triaminic Products anywhere, and Triaminic will even give you a coupon for $1.50 off.
You can WIN! Triaminic is offering 4 boxes (14 ct. each) of Triaminic Thin Strips to 3 of my readers to help them fight the cold and flu season.
Visit the Triaminic website, then come back here and tell me one fact you learned during your visit.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Vote for me as "G4M's Web's Top Giveaway Blog." (5 Extra Entries. One vote per ip address. If you have already voted for me, you may leave your 5 additional comments. If you voted for another blogger, please do not claim these extra entries.)
- Blog About this Giveaway by copying and pasting the following (5 extra entries) :
Sick kids are miserable kids. Triaminic wants to help! Angie at 5 Vinez Monkeys is giving away 4 boxes of Triaminic Thin Strips to 3 of her readers to help them fight this cold and flu season. If you've got kids, you won't want to miss this giveaway! Stop by before 11:59pm ET on January 31st and enter to win!Subscribe to us via email or reader. (Leave a comment for each that you do.)
- Follow us on twitter. (Leave your twitter handle here, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (Unlimited - just leave a comment for each tweet!)
- Grab our button and put it in your sidebar. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog - either through Google's Followers Gadget or through Facebook's Networked Blogs. Leave a comment for each one that you do.
Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on January 31st at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. If you do not have an email address either in your entry or on your blogger profile, you cannot win. Entries not following any of the rules stated above will be disqualified. Winners will be announced by February 2nd and will have 48 hours to claim their prize, or it will be forfeited and a live giveaway will be held.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by You Cast Corp on behalf of Triaminic. They offered the free boxes of Triaminic Thin Strips for the giveaway. I was not given any free products, and I was not compensated in any way for this post.